A Day in the Life of a Trade Store Manager
Oct 05, 2017
Good morning, I’m Matthew, your flight attendant for today’s trip around ‘World strukta’. I’m the Big in The Biggleswade Trade Store Manager.
My day starts with sorting out the deliveries for the day with our driver Mick, along with Team BG. During these busy moments, I also serve the morning rush and try to drink lots of well-required coffee.
My role is:
- Mainly advising customers on solutions to their problems and persuading them to use our products and services.
- Making sure they feel they have been given the ‘WOW’ treatment.
- Help in the office with answering the phone, producing quotes, orders and tea making.
- Looking after the deliveries coming in, checking them off and putting them away.
- Tidying the shop, warehouse and yard each day.
- Ensuring various aspects of Health and Safety are recorded each day.
- Identify sales opportunities and increasing customer base through applications.
- Helping with marketing, such as the burger days and POS thought the store.
Overall, my job has great variation and each day is fun and to be honest I love it.
Matthew spends most of his days helping others with friendly advice, our products and services. He nails the sale while keeping his Store running smoothly.
In his spare time, Matt enjoys a spot of DIY! This is just one of Matt’s inspired DIY projects – he upcycled some old pallets, transforming them into a raised flower bed!
We love it. Nice work, Matt!
If you’ve got any upcycling home projects you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about them! Just send a picture and brief explanation to us as, at email@example.com and who knows, you might even feature in our blog!